10.4.10 to 10.4.11 Tiger OSX
Posted by mafiaid on 18 November 2007
This will tell you how to upgrade from a working 10.4.10 install to 10.4.11.
1) ATA installation. SATA does not work yet. So I am running off an external hard disk.
2) Core 2 Duo or the hacked kernel
1) Install EFI Bootloader. This is well documented in other threads.
2) Backup AppleACPIPlatform.kext and AppleSMBIOS.kext to a convenient location.
3) Install 10.4.11 update. You can use Software update if you want. Do not reboot.
4) Unless you have a fully compatible MB, copy 10.4.10 AppleACPIPlatform.kext back to /System/Library/Extensions/
5) Unless you have Core 2 Duo, replace mach_kernel with hacked version.
6) Repair permissions.
1) AppleSMBIOS.kext (neither stock nor the one from EFI bootloader) does not load. The old one from 10.4.10 will load if you copy it across, but then system profiler is broken.
2) AppleHDAPatcher.kext does not work, and my previously patched AppleHDA.kext does not work.
3) No SATA or ICH8R support. I tried the old IOATAFamily.kext as well as the sata-pata and ich8r patches from macdotnub’s disk without success.
Of note tulip.kext still works and so does Safari. This is posted from 10.4.11 with stock kernel.